wireless internet to wired network for xbox

blink13

Baseband Member
i was wondering if there was a way to share my wiress internet with my xbox through my computer. I have an wirless card in the bak of my computer but my xbox is usually wired to the router. i was wondering how to set up internet sharing between my coputer and my xbox, if at all possible? (my computer is not on a network, it only has wireless internet)

It doesn't need to be shared. You have a router, and it should supply the XBOX with the IP address it needs to connect online. On the contrary, your computer is on a network- your network (with the router) Plug your XBOX into ther router and see if it gets an IP address- not sure how to do this exactly, but I've heard you can go into the network configuration of the XBOX. If it's getting a 192.xxx address, it's connected, all you need to do is figure out the rest, or maybe someone else could give you some insite on how the rest works.

well i already have an internet connection on my xbox but im ttryin to run it in my room wich is cannot be wired to the router, i was wondering if i culd get internet on my xbox by pigeybaking of my computers internet

Back
Top Bottom