wireless internet

mark thorpe

Golden Master
Hi, i have a samsung M40 17" and it has wireless internet, it connects fine while i am at home and connecting to the network, which does not require a password, but as soon as i go to school to try to connect to the wireless network there, which does require a password i cannot connect, i have tried internet explorer and firefox, neither can connect. the settings for the server are correct, the name and port, and i have copied it directly into the box from another computer that does connect, so that is not the problem. i have just had to re-install windows completley could this have anything to do with the problem, i have reinstalled all software and drivers, is there any settings that allow it to display messages? Please help

Thanks for any help

Mark

i am running XP home, how do i find the SSID? sorry dont know much about the technical stuff!

you'll need the WEP password. Ask your school admins. And at home you should have a password on it, or youll be the local spot for geeks to park outside your house!

i will talk to the admins at school, thanks for such a quick response, i will password protect when i can get it to work properly at school first, so that i can still connect at home. thanks again for the response

Mark

well not all the time scott :) I never use a password on our wireless ... just because i dont care whos using my internet... ;)

I sorted it out, norton firewall was blocking it so i disabled it and switched to windows firewall and it works fine now!

Back
Top Bottom