wireless disconnecting, problems

narcispy

Beta member
Okay I've had my wireless connection for about a year now, been trying to get it to work right nearly the entire time. One pc has the wireless G Linksys router and the other pc has a linksys wireless G usb 2.0 adapter. I have the newest software and drivers on both the router and the adapter. The problem I am having is these random disconnects from the usb 2.0 computer, it normally happens when I am downloading a large file from the internet. I have been talking to linksys tech support and they told me to use the windows wireless zero connect utility instead of the Linksys made wireless utility to connect to my network, I have also tried to change the wireless channel and I still get the disconnects. Is there anything I can do about this. I have been thinking it could possibly be the usb 2.0 adapter and maybe I should try and get a pci version of the card and see if that works better. I would really prefer to be though a wired connection yet there is no possible way I could do it in this situation. Any suggestions? I don't know what else to do.

Back
Top Bottom