wireless connection all of a sudden not found

Day5InJanuary

Baseband Member
to make this story short...i shut my computer down because it hasnt been shut down in awhile. all computer s a wireless with linksys. after i shut the computer down and started it back up, there was no wireless signal....it didnt even show that i had a wireless connection in my Network Places. all i did was shut the computer down...and now there is no sighn that i have a linksys wireless card in my computer. i looked in the backof the comp and the antenna is still connected and the little green light next to power is on...but the green light next to the word link is not blinking. all the other computers in my house are still able to get the wireless connection...someone help pleaze...i already tried re starting again...first time this ever happened to me :confused:

Check and see if it's still listed in device manager.
If so, try uninstalling and reinstalling the card. Sometimes that works for strange situtations like this. It does happen from time to time. Welcome to Windows.....

well after doing a live chat with linksys support, we figured out the problem. when i first checked the system manager, the linksys wireless card was detected but had a era code. it was era code 10. after checking out the era code the problem was said to be somewhat serious and requested me basically call dell. after reading the era code i couldnt believe that this all happened from shutting down the computer. so i decided to un install and re install....so i did ...i completely took the wireless card out of my system. there was no trace of it. after re installing it it was not being located. i re installed it numerouse times and still wouldnt be found by the computer. it was not in systems manager either. so i got this idea to change its location in the PCI slot. i moved it down 1 level. after i did that i turned on my computer and all of a sudden it was detected and i had the internet back in no time.does this mean that the old PCI slot it was in is infected or defected? after it was working i looked in the systems manager again and it was running without any errors. yes these are the things i hate about windows :( ...at least i got it working again...thanks for the responses

Back
Top Bottom