wireless card problem

diamond_06_06

Beta member
Hi all,

Am fairly new to computing. A few months back was travelling and used a Belkin N network card for wireless. Back home now I have since been using broadband just connecting my laptop straight to the modem with an ethernet cable. Today I bought a router to go wireless, but when I plug my card in nothing happens (the computer does not seem to detect it). Originally I did not use the installation disk for the card and I now dont know where it is. What needs to be done so the computer will recognize the card?

thanks all.

I have since downloaded the drivers for the card from their support, but when I click on the program I get an error message saying "adapter not found"???

hi,
theres usually a switch on the front of your laptop that enables the wireless device you can also go into device manager by pressing start >right click my computer > properties > Hardware > then device manager.find network adapter then expand it, and see if theres any red crosses or yellow exclamation marks next to if if so then try re installing your drivers or troubleshooting your computer.

hope that helps :)

Back
Top Bottom