Wireless adapter using too much Bandwidth

xFLuRRy

Baseband Member
Hello, i have This wireless adapter: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/3108l3ay9SL._SL500_AA280_.jpg and for the past while the Activity light has been blinking non-stop Very fast. And when it is plugged in it seems like it is using too much bandwidth because the other computers in the house start to lag when it is on. When it used to do this a few months ago all i had to do is restart my computer and it worked, but i tried that and it didn't work. Any help?

Does it do the same thing with other computers? Are you sure nothing is downloading in the background (windows updates, antivirus updates, iplayer, etc.)?

Do you get the same behaviour if you plug the computer in via an ethernet cable?

It'd also be worth running a full scan to make sure nothing malicious is to blame.

Agreed on the scan. Run an anti-virus scan and a scan using MalWare Bytes. Check to see what happens if you plug it in via ethernet. Do you have any P2P file sharing programs open?

Okay, i've scanned my computer multiple times, it isn't finding anything but its still doing it. and i can't try connecting via ethernet. any other tips?

It could be a bad driver. Make sure you have the newest driver for the adapter. The adaptor could be spitting out jibberish for no reason. I have seen this a lot. If that doesnt work try uninstall the the device from the device manager and thed try installing the lastest driver.

Give that a try.

Back
Top Bottom