Old 11-11-2010, 12:46 AM   #1
Baseband Member
Default Windows 7 Ultimate and Professional Networking Issues

Hey all, its been ages since i posted here

Anyways...i'm having some problems networking 3 pcs. This is the setup:

Desktop - Win7 Ulti 64bit
Laptop - Win7 Ulti 32bit
Desktop - Win7 Professional 32bit

So i can easilly access files from the laptop on the 64bit desktop and vice versa...they talk to each other no problems, how ever, both the laptop and pc cannot access any shared folders on the second desktop except for the "users" folder (which contains public and my user folder). Also, this pc cannot access the shares of the other 2 machines.

My question is why and how to resolve this...is there a connection issue between 7 ultiumate and pro?

Thanx all!

PS. They are all in the same workgroup, that being MSHOME. I tryed changing them to WORKGROUP to see if that fixes my problems but it didnt

Hey Guys, issue solved, had to add "everyone" in the security tab of the hard drive i wished to share.....i think there are issues between pro and ulti though...

But now its all good

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit|Browser:(default)Firefox 3.6.12,Internet Explorer 8 |CPU:intel i7 2.93gH|Mobo:Gigabyte p55a - ud3p|Memory:8gb DDR3|GFX:ATI Radeon HD 4870X2 2GIG|Sound:Onboard AC97/HD|Peripherals: Microsoft Optical Mouse, Logitech Keyboard,3 Printers,Dymo Label Writer
Sheldon Cooper:Well, well, well, if it isn't Wil Wheaton. The Green Goblin to my Spider-Man, the Pope Paul V to my Galileo, the Internet Explorer to my Firefox! XD
steveoderocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:30 AM   #2
Site Team
Default Re: Windows 7 Ultimate and Professional Networking Issues

Yes I was going to suggest just that (adding everyone).

Glad you got it solved.
Don't take life too seriously -- no one gets out alive. Plus, who wants to arrive to the hereafter in pristine condition wearing a suit and tie?
I want to slide in sideways, worn out, used up, hair a mess, clothes tattered, & screaming, "Whooo! What a ride!"
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote