win7 sharing to a iconia tab

detox1

Daemon Poster
having trouble getting this to work. some folders share, some don't. but all are listed as shared in windows., I'm using a app called ES File Explorer. And the Clear-fi that came with the tab doesn't do anything.

any insight would be cool.

Never used that program (or heard of it) but make sure that all the folders have the proper permissions setup on them.

You may want to take a look at Dropbox instead.

I have a Kindle Fire with the ES File app. I am able to access shares on my LAN. Interestingly, I set the shares up and they worked fine but suddenly I couldn't access the shares any longer, had to reboot the KF in order to gain access to the shares. You might try a reboot of your iconia.

I do have dropbox, but was hoping I could get sharing working, just easier. As for my tablet, it's only a couple of days old, I doubt a reset will be of benefit. I'll keep looking around.

Thanks

First make sure that you have network discovery and file sharing on. You can change these settings through network and sharing center in control panel. (They are enabled by default if you're on a private network - home or work)

Then open the 'properties' windows for the folder you want to share and choose 'share' from sharing tab. There you can add and set permission for anyone who needs to have access to the folder.

You can also use the 'advanced sharing' from the same tab for more options.

I've never heard of the app, but basically you shouldn't need extra software for file sharing in windows.

First make sure that you have network discovery and file sharing on. You can change these settings through network and sharing center in control panel. (They are enabled by default if you're on a private network - home or work)

Then open the 'properties' windows for the folder you want to share and choose 'share' from sharing tab. There you can add and set permission for anyone who needs to have access to the folder.

You can also use the 'advanced sharing' from the same tab for more options.

I've never heard of the app, but basically you shouldn't need extra software for file sharing in windows.
The app is an Android app and he is trying to access Windows shares from an Android tablet.

Back
Top Bottom