Win7 Home Group Issue

RonNYC

Baseband Member
I read this question and answer already but didn't understand it. I have a laptop and desktop connected through a Linksys router. The laptop is wireless; desktop wired. Both are Win7. Yesterday things were find. I rebooted the desktop and now it's connected to "Network2" and the laptop to MyNetwork, my named wireless network. So, they do not share a Home Group. yesteday, they shared a home group; today, not. I would prefer the desktop to use the wired connection. What do I need to do? Yesterday all was fine I wish I could remember what if anything I did yesteday. Also, when I try to connect to the wireless network from the desktop, I cannot. Password doesn't work. I can however, ping the laptop from the desktop but not the other way around.

If I change passwords on the router, doesn't matter. Still can't get in from the Desktop. I've tried Linksys chat but they are a bit useless for this kind of problem.

Most likely 'Network2' is just the name of the Ethernet port your desktop is using. Does your desktop have a wireless card to use to connect to?

Try this link

Most likely 'Network2' is just the name of the Ethernet port your desktop is using. Does your desktop have a wireless card to use to connect to?

Try this link

It does. BUT, as it turns out, the real issue was that I failed to set up a workgroup for both computers. Also, I had to reset my router back to factory and then reconfigure.

Thanks.
RON

Back
Top Bottom