Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default Wifi landing page

I have just rented a desk in an office and Iím trying to connect to the wifi hot spot thatís there. I can connect to it with my phone, ipad and Acer net book however when i try to connect using my Aspire 6930 it starts to connect then says, This computer is connected to (Routers name) but dose not have access to the internet. If you are connecting to a wireless hotspot, you might need to open a web browser to finish connecting...... when i open my browser it should load the login screen but doesnít??? I have tried with deferent browsers, updated my wifi drivers but nothing works???? Please it would be so helpful if you guys have any ideas???

carlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
Site Team
Default Re: Wifi landing page

Could you try deleting the cookies in the browser? Have you tried browsing to a different website besides the home screen - sometimes I have to open the browser and then try to go to google or yahoo or Computer Forums for the login screen to pop up.
Don't take life too seriously -- no one gets out alive. Plus, who wants to arrive to the hereafter in pristine condition wearing a suit and tie?
I want to slide in sideways, worn out, used up, hair a mess, clothes tattered, & screaming, "Whooo! What a ride!"
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote