Wierd problem

popoman9999

Beta member
Okey, well yesterday I accidently shut down the PC while I was playing a game and downloading, when I turned it on again, and connected to the Internet it was okey, but all the sudden I noticed that I don't have the Internet connection icon (the 2 little flashing monitors down the screen) in my system tray bar, so I made a few checks and discovered that in my network connections library was no connection of any kind, like they all got erased, but I still manage to surf the web by using the dialer of my Internet provider, this is wierd, I've tried litteraly everything including reinstalling my modem and dialer, still the compuetr doesn't recognize my Ineternet gateway that my cable modem creates, and when I try to refresh the network connections library it keeps telling me that the computer is unablr to detect any connections and that I must make sure that the connections exist, but I do surf the web, the thing is that without the network icon I don't know how to view my I.P. adress, is there any other way to see the connection status of the recieved and sent bytes and the I.P. adress other then through the network icon in the system tray bar?

Any suggestions? or if perhaps you need me to be more specific in some of the details, in order for to help me, then please tell me.

Thank you in advance.

if you go to the dos prompt and type ipconfig that will tell you the ip address.
if you go to task manager networking it will tell you the connection speed.

vegaslon said:
if you go to the dos prompt and type ipconfig that will tell you the ip address.
if you go to task manager networking it will tell you the connection speed.

Well ipconfig doesn't work in Windows XP, it has some other command thats I would like to know, it just prompts a window and then closes it right away... any clues about my main problem of the network icon?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom