and im getting this
Untitledzzz.jpg

at this rate it will take for ever!
blasted linux

ive had task manager open for a while
and the highest that ive seen it was 64 KB/sec
any ideas
Untitledzzzx.jpg

^^Run that test. It will give us an idea of your speeds. I doubt it's the router. What speeds are you signed up for from your ISP?

Along the same lines, run pingtest.net It's the same people, just more tests.

No. It has a whole lot more to do with your ISP than it does with your router. You should also run the speedtest.net because that will tell us your upload & dowload speeds. Those are the numbers that matter at this point. They are going to tell us if it is the interent causing the problem or if it is your router.

^^Right. If you had a lot of packetloss, I'd say it was your router but that looks pretty good. What does speedtest say?

the speedtest
Untitledzzzxc.jpg

my main issue is that im only getting KB/sec
and no where near the 54 MB/sec that G is supposed to get

The 22KB/sec download speed is coming from the Internet to you. This is not the speed you are getting over your wireless network connection. If you look, you'll see you are only able to 'max' at 10 MB/sec. That is well below 'G' speeds. That is becasue you are able to move things across a small local network much faster than you are able to get them from the interent. Until your download speed from the internet reaches 55 MB/s your router will not hold you back in terms of downloading from the internet. You also have to keep in mind your location versus the location of the download server. That Ubuntu has to be stored some where and your computer has to go out and pull it back to you across the interent. Depending on where the server is, all that traffic has to find it's way back to you. This means it's going to be going out across the interent and running through multiple routers and all kinds of stuff can happen to it.

If we look at the speed of the internet and the quality, I'd say that it seems about right. Just my opinion.

Just remember that the router's 54 MB/s is the 'network' speed or the speed 'inside' your house and the 10 Mb/s is the 'Internet' speed or the speed 'outside' your house.

so the tech is good
its just the provider thats holding back
or trying to get us to pay more?
right?

Back
Top Bottom