What will they think of next...Automotive Wi-Fi Router

Interesting concept, but I think I like the MiFi from Verizon better since it's so much smaller. It sounds like it uses the same network anyway.

So, its basically a mobile router for multiple devices/computers? What service do you sign up with it?

I wonder if it will work with most cell phone providers. I don't know, I just thought it was an unusual device. Can you imagine going on a road trip and being able to play net games on the way.

I remember being excited about my 300baud modem and my commodore 64! And that wasn't my first computer!:eek:

Verizon has one that is so beyond cool and small it's unreal. Of course it cellular based but details details... I stumbled across it while fixing a phone one day and when I say it's the size of a credit card it truly is almost that small.

So how does this stuff work? Is the wireless router connected to the phone network (like sprints 3g network)? Thats the only way I can see it working...

So how does this stuff work? Is the wireless router connected to the phone network (like sprints 3g network)? Thats the only way I can see it working...
It's exactly like that :)
I wonder if it will work with most cell phone providers. I don't know, I just thought it was an unusual device. Can you imagine going on a road trip and being able to play net games on the way.
If you look a bit further down, it looks like it's tied to their network - you can't outsource to any other.

If it was me, personally I'd look at going for another (cheaper) service provider and customising a low powered computer that could act as a router with a 3G USB stick that'd provide internet. A lot more fun that way ;)

It's exactly like that :)

If you look a bit further down, it looks like it's tied to their network - you can't outsource to any other.

If it was me, personally I'd look at going for another (cheaper) service provider and customising a low powered computer that could act as a router with a 3G USB stick that'd provide internet. A lot more fun that way ;)

I thought I was the only one :) not a bad idea, I'm trying to think of a way to make a mini computer to hook a 3G drive to then rebroadcast via wifi though....

Back
Top Bottom