What are the steps to making a website?

IknowLITTLE

In Runtime
Im pretty much a noob and have been trying to read up on things and learn as much about computers as i can through a forum :) so if anyone is willing to school me id be grateful. if not i understand it could be pretty time consuming writing it out step by step. thanks for your time.

- Will

start with HTML. Than style it with CSS. When you want to start doing cool stuff like submitting forms, image sliders, etc... than you go to JavaScript. I always explain it like this:

1. HTML : bricks in a house
  2. CSS : the paint
  3. JavaScript : plumbing, electricity, etc...

first lay down the bricks, than paint them... then make them dance. :)

a terrible resource to learn from is W3Schools Online Web Tutorials.

1) Reserve domain name.
2) Set up hosting (either host with something like GoDaddy or host in-house)
2a) Set up DNS Forwarders for hosting (will be done automatically if you host with the company that you reserved your Domain through).
3) Design Website. You can often find good backbones like pHp Nuke or MAXDev.
4) Upload website and go live!

The first two steps you can usually get a good walkthrough calling someone like GoDaddy or the likes. They will walk you through everything you need to get going, and they can even get you a temp site up and running.

what sort of site are you thinking of making? Blog / Forum / Download / Social, Other?? There are many scripts / pre build software packages you can use

I would reccomend a php site builder for people who are just starting. like joomla. it is full GUI no need to learn html (although learning html/php/css would be very helpfull) it is not really needed.

forgot this thread was still up, i was just thinking for whatever. just so i could know how websites are made. its not like im going to go build one :p

Back
Top Bottom