What kind of protocol do you guys use? Help

jOHNkSOY

Baseband Member
Currently im using TCI/IP Version 6 and Internet Protocol TCI/IP
Just wondering what kind of protocol you guys use because i keet getting NEt send error packet when i play counter-strike. I thought the protocol might of been the probelm. I really dont know. IM new to wireless and im currently using a NEtgear w3gt11 pci adapter. With the netgear utility it read 11 mbps average somtimes goes up to 36. Then all of a sudden it lost connection and i get connection back again after i repair the connection can anyone help.

about 90% of the internet runs off of TCP/IP some private networks running netware use IPX. but to keep it simple i have yet to see any sort of home connection running anything other than TCP/IP. and your computer can support IPV6 however that has not been fully implimented yet, so therefore thats not really what you are using.

TCP/IPv6 is nowhere near being implemented yet. When IPv6 is installed it cannot be installed as a standalone protocol stack ie. it must be bonded with TCP/IPv4. If you ipconfig you will see a IPv6 address but it is actually mapped to another IP address (the IPv4 address) which is really used when sending/receiving. I would reccommend uninstalling TCP/IPv6 simply to cut down on the overhead. Remember to leave TCP/IPv4 or you'll be screwed.

Your problem I would be willing to wager is interference related. Try moving away from electrical appliances that will cause interference and change the frequency channel that is unused.

Cant do anything right now because my PSU is gone for the moment im using my moms computer. Ill unistall v6 and try to stay away from electrical units as far as possible in my room and till you how it goes

jOHNkSOY said:
Cant do anything right now because my PSU is gone for the moment im using my moms computer. Ill unistall v6 and try to stay away from electrical units as far as possible in my room and till you how it goes
hmm ok lol

Back
Top Bottom