What are the different methods of connecting to a network?

Kurg Burg

Beta member
What are the different methods of connecting to a network? I am curious of this for two things because
1) General knowledge
2) I have a piece of work that is based off this

The piece of work i need to complete is basically this:
Produce a report that details the different ways of connecting to a network

So for this i am in need of what all the different types are just in case i miss one or two
If anyone can help me out here it would be much appreciated
Thanks , H.

I think we'll need more information on what kind of "connecting" you're looking for. If you're asking about just a network to connect to to get internet and such we could be as vague as saying "Wireless or Ethernet" and answer the question for you. If you're looking for ways to authenticate as part of signing into a workplace type intranet/restricted network then the answers could be different.

I concur with the above from celegorm. In addition, what type of network are you talking about? Ethernet LAN, 3G, GPRS (mobile), 4G, LTE, WiMAX, WiFi etc.

As celegorm alluded to, there is a significant difference between physically connecting a device to a network (which could be called establishing a connection and thereby satisfying your request) and logically connecting a device to a network. The latter assumes a handshake/authentication procedure, as defined by the protocol of the network to which you're connecting, to permit the device access.

Back
Top Bottom