Weird wireless problem

CBrooks

In Runtime
I've got a couple of gateway laptops that arent connecting to access points like they're suppose to. The access points have WPA security on them and I know they are fine because about 200 other laptops can connect to them.

I took a laptop that wasnt connecting to hardies and connected to their unsecured network and browsed the internet.

The wireless cards are Intel 3945abg's if that helps. Any ideas?

It sees the SSID's and it prompts me for the password but it will try to connect for about 3 minutes and then say Connection Failed!

edit: Disregard.. i've come to the conclusion after trying ten million different things that the certain wireless card in this laptop does not support WPA.

haha yes compatibility rocks with wireless... you also gotta make sure that your network interface cards can also accept whatever wireless signal is there; like n , g , b , etc...

It's too bad I just now found this thread because that was going to be my first suggestion. I learned that lesson the hard way so I know how you feel. At least you have the satisfaction in solving the issue.

Back
Top Bottom