Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
In Runtime
Default Weird wireless problem

I've got a couple of gateway laptops that arent connecting to access points like they're suppose to. The access points have WPA security on them and I know they are fine because about 200 other laptops can connect to them.

I took a laptop that wasnt connecting to hardies and connected to their unsecured network and browsed the internet.

The wireless cards are Intel 3945abg's if that helps. Any ideas?

It sees the SSID's and it prompts me for the password but it will try to connect for about 3 minutes and then say Connection Failed!

edit: Disregard.. i've come to the conclusion after trying ten million different things that the certain wireless card in this laptop does not support WPA.

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO | 4gb DDR3 GSkill | 550W Corsair power supply | AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1ghz(Unlocked 2 extra cores) | Sapphire 4870 512mb | 500gb Samsung |21.5" 1080p Hdmi Dell monitor| 21.6" Samsung monitor | RAIDMAX Tornado ATX-238WG | Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition
CBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
In Runtime
Send a message via MSN to TitanMATRIX
Default Re: Weird wireless problem

haha yes compatibility rocks with wireless... you also gotta make sure that your network interface cards can also accept whatever wireless signal is there; like n , g , b , etc...

***Network Warrior***
TitanMATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
Site Team
Default Re: Weird wireless problem

It's too bad I just now found this thread because that was going to be my first suggestion. I learned that lesson the hard way so I know how you feel. At least you have the satisfaction in solving the issue.
Don't take life too seriously -- no one gets out alive. Plus, who wants to arrive to the hereafter in pristine condition wearing a suit and tie?
I want to slide in sideways, worn out, used up, hair a mess, clothes tattered, & screaming, "Whooo! What a ride!"
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote