Way to reduce ping and latency in my situation

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Hello, so I have a bit of a problem. So over the summer, my parents bought a tvpad. For those that doesn't know what that is, it's kind of like a roku or appletv that lets you steam Chinese stuff.

My parents currently use DirecTV. However, they plan to cancel the service since they can stream the latest Chinese shows.

So here's my problem. The things my parents stream are located in China. therefore, my parents user about 200kbps-300kbps, and even though they don't use our full internet speed, they increase my ping and latency while gaming online (to a point where I get 2000 ping).

Is there a way where they can watch their tvpad, and I can play my online games with playable ping and latency? All or devices are hooked up via ethernet.

I am currently subscribed to century link with 7mbps/895kbps speed.

Thanks in advance.

Other than getting a separate service, I see no way out of your problem. Perhaps someone else can help.

Sounds like the streaming is saturating your broadband link. If you have options on the compression format used for the streaming then choose a format that takes up less bandwidth. If this is not possible then try for a faster broadband connection. You could always try QoS if your router supports it but to provide priority for your gaming could then impact on the streaming. It is all a question of bandwidth and not having enough of it to do what you want to do.

If they're paying the bils and you're living in their house, you are just going to have to deal with it. Play when they're not online. It's called compromising.

Back
Top Bottom