Wanting to learn on my own.

OlsonMW

Beta member
Greetings and hello.

I am very much interested in becomming a Netorking Professional. I had gone to SIBT for little more then one semester. The courses were bull****. The teacher decided to talk about his personal life more then teach the class. Needless to say after a full semester of this, and not learning a single thing, I left. Now I have $10,000.00 in student loans to deal with.
What I am now want to do is teach myself. I was wondering if the great minds of this forum might have suggestions for books, cds, web pages, etc, that I may use to teach myself. My fiancee and I have limited money, and with my student loans I have acquired already, I'm unsure about going back and choosing another school.
I would like to advance through A+ certification and eventually get Cisco Certification.
If anyone would have any ideas, as I said above, and would be truely apprectiated. I would like to start with the very basics, even though I already know the very basics, it never hurts to crawl before you walk.

Thank you very much for your help.
Matt

no offense but i had a teacher that did the same thing and there is still lots of info to be leared, otherwise they wouldnt pay him to teach.

But to answer your question you may want to look into a class that that uses the cisco netacad accounts. They always update it for new tests and you can have a perminant account with full access for the future.

I understant that not all of college can be teaching and some teachers will kick back a few days and talk about personal things. Though this teacher spent a week plus a few days telling us about his cruise. And I wasnt the only one to leave. I was one of three left of a class of 15. All left for the same reason.

Although thanks much for the info. Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom