VPN Help Please!!

cdhead13

Solid State Member
Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums and somewhat new to vpn's but not new to networking. I'm trying to set up my vpn server with the windows xp built in software. I've gone through the setup numerous times and everything seems correct. I removed my router to eliminate that as a possible problem. What i can do is connect to the vpn server through the client but i can't ping any private addresses or access anything (when the router was connected). The one thing i notice that seems to be the problem, but im not sure how to fix it, is that when I look at the vpn connection info on the client I'm getting 192.168.1.150 as the server address and 192.168.1.152 as the client address. Now the client address is right cause the dhcp range I specified in the vpn server connection options is between 150-160. I'm under the impression that the server connection IP in the vpn should be the private static IP or the public dynamic of the server its self. Since I don't have the router setup now I don't have to worry about the private static address but I'm just not pulling the right vpn server address no matter what i do. Any help from here will greatly be appreciated. Thanks

- Chris

Back
Top Bottom