Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-24-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Vista Spike Issues

I did search the forum before anyone flames me for starting this thread, i found nothing so far.

I am using Vista Home premium... sucks yes but it came with the laptop and upgrade to XP is not an option at the moment

I am using wireless currently to connect to my hub which is downstairs, i noticed that whenever gaming... just in general surfing i will get spikes up to 200ms which is noticeable.

I searched on google and noticed lots of others are getting the same issue and have narrowed it down to Vista being the problem.
Previously disabling WCZ service on vista would fix the spike but it does not work for vista..

any ideas anyone?, ah also heard that if you use a utlity connection program it might fix it as you are not using windows connection software.. but there are no vista ones avaliable for my card

Intel 3945ABG

yoshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:05 PM   #2
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Vista Spike Issues

Just curious before I go looking into this more, are you using the latest drivers for your card?

Also, is this happening at any one particular time, or interval of times (like every two hours)? There is a possibility that this could be the router refreshing the assigned IPs.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:39 PM   #3
Baseband Member

No im not lookin for the latest drivers,, i already have them

it is at set intervals of 60 seconds.

also.. im using BT Home Hub if thats of any help.. though i dont think it is.. its a general fault within vista. Anyone using wireless and Vista together will have this problem

do a ping to your router with the -t command and u will see a ping spike every 60 seconds
Old 01-09-2008, 12:49 PM   #4
Baseband Member

bump?
Old 01-09-2008, 05:56 PM   #5
In Runtime

i know when im playing WoW it can jump up past 200ms to talk to their server, but i havent played any other game yet, im waiting to get COD4, and also a graphics card, but i know one issue with my system, the wireless card i have is a normal 108MB/s with xp, but with the latest driver for vista its can only gets 54MB/s, its a WG311T v3 i think, its a netgear. other than that im fine with the internet
Old 01-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #6
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to DionRodrigues

This is a pretty big Vista issue - a teacher at my school was having this problem when connected to the school's local wireless connection.

As soon as she connected and started downloading Microsoft Updates, the net spike was so bad users in the computer lab where the wireless is configured (Airport Extreme Basestation, Wireless b/g) were disconnecting and hanging up frequently (her updates also crawled to a halt and we're cancelled).

As soon as the machine was removed from the room everything was momentarily working fine again.... This is definitely a Vista-specific problem and NOT a driver or hardware issue.

This issue was found on a Compaq Presario running Vista Home Premium....
DionRodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:29 PM   #7
In Runtime

yea my problem has also got even bigger, its to the point were i can just log onto my WoW account and walk around and then you know it, my whole internet connection just gets kicked out, even my LAN, and i have already email their support group and they just told me to delete some files, but that never worked, i am going to have to say there is something going on here since, my drivers and firmware are up to date, and my router is working fine, and i dont get this problem on my XP machine down stairs or the XP machine at my work