Verizon DSL/Linksys Router Issue

Frost17

Baseband Member
Hi Guys,

Hard for me to explain this one because I was helping my girlfriend troubleshoot over the phone. She was having issues with her linksys wrt54g2 router so she hit the reset button. She has verizon DSL. Now the internet won't work. She called verizon and the rep couldn't get it working so they said call linksys. She called linksys and the rep said because they hit the reset button and the unit was now out of warranty they will charge $30 for technical support or she can purchase a new one for $90. I thought this was pretty big bs.

My knowledge of verizon dsl is the router has to be set to pppoe.

So correct me if i'm wrong (she's out eating dinner with her parents right now and I want to make sure I give her the right answer when she gets back)

All that needs to be done is access router using 192.168.1.1 use default password to access

set router to pppoe

input verizon username
input verizon password

appl settings

and it should work correct?

i don't have verizon dsl myself so i am unsure. help as always is appreciated

That should work yes. Once that is done, if it doesn't connect right away, power cycle the equipment. Don't 'reset' it, just unplug both devices, leave them out for 15-20 seconds, plug in the modem, leave it on for 5-10 seconds then plug in the router. That should take care of the issue. If not, call Verizon back because it is their problem not Linksys.

Back
Top Bottom