Using dual network interfaces with two internet connections

wee493

In Runtime
I have two network interfaces on my Mac both of which are connected to separate ISPs (Cox & AT&T). I can switch between them in System Preferences and if I disconnect on the other flawlessly takes over. I would like to use one for doing network intensive things such as my Mozy backup, uploading videos to youtube, and P2P applications and the other for daily surfing.

From the research I've done I'm pretty sure I want to bind IP addresses to the different network interfaces. I was wondering though if that would work though, take for example youtube (or Mozy). They have hundreds of servers, so who's to say the IP address I binded is going to be the one I connect to that day.

I think I would prefer to bind applications to network interfaces. Then I could bind Mozy, Firefox, and Transmit to one and use chrome & skype on the other.

Does anyone know of any applications that would allow me to bind applications to network interfaces on the mac? Or a detailed tutorial of binding IP addresses to network interfaces on the Mac?

Back
Top Bottom