use wifi from pc wifi

Amd64

Baseband Member
Me and my brother share the Internet, I live in the back house so my phones don't work inside only outside, I relocated modem as close as I could.

My pc gets 50% signal and works great, what do I need to turn my pc into a hotspot so I can use internet on my iPhone from inside home.

I was thinking i need a certain modem? Like one that can send and receive packets? My linksys wifi adapter I can't figure out how to send a signal out not sure if it's capable.

What do you guys think? Thanks ahead for the help!

Last edited:
If you're running Win 7 or newer, it's a built-in capability. There's also quite a few downloadable programs that simplify the setup.

Do a search in your favorite search engine for "Windows virtual router" or "Windows virtual hotspot".

But how does it work? Can it send out from what I'm using to pic up wifi? Linksys usb wireless card?

Basically you create an ad-hoc wireless network after sharing your incoming internet connection. This allows PCs, Macs, phones etc to share your machine's internet connection.

The steps are different between Win7 and Win8.1, what OS are you using?

(I have no idea what the steps are for windows 10 though, google to the rescue)

I am using windows Xp and it says wireless card not found. In using a linksys wireless adapter and I get about 50-60% signal.

Maybe for the way your doing it. But I've googled windows xp hotspots and there are ways, I think my card may not be capable. Orrrrr maybe I need two, one for picking up the wifi and one for emitting another wifi signal.
Even if I have to buy something, IE: router or program I will

I have a Comcast cable modem that has wifi. I'm wondering if I can hook that up to send out wifi and use the linksys adapter to receive.

In through the linksys and redirected out from the Comcast wifi modem?

If someone can please help me figure this out I'll be more than happy to send them 10$ or 20$ Via PayPal account

Back
Top Bottom