Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default unlimited downlods and bandwidth hosting solution?

Hello,

i am looking for a possible solution at the moment as i am using mobile broadband through 3g PAYG dongle. as we all know that there are limits and data limits/fair use policy ect that is enforced with these services.

so at the moment as i cannot get normal unlimited broadband through my home yet, i am looking for an alternative to be able to download what i want with unlimited potential and speed, and not use any bandwidth from my actual isp.

i have emailed many vpn sites that advertise unlimited bandwidth for downloads ect, but they have all told me so far that there services are not what i'm looking for, so i wondored if anybody on here, guys and gals with computer expertise and ful knowledge of computers help me in finding a type of hosting site or app ect, which will allow me to download what i want without never running out of data, or for it to never use any actual isp bandwidth, with the downloads.

i am aware that by loging on to use such a service will use bandwidth from my isp but that is fine for surfing, but the moment i begin to download a file, it will use evreything that is why i am looking for an alternate to download large files, which can let me use unlimited bandwidth through a perhaps? hosting service for unlimited downloads.

any help or recomendations?

Regards....

speed101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #2
Site Team

Default Re: unlimited downlods and bandwidth hosting solution?

But to use a VPN connection to dowload, you will still have to go through your 3G connection

Old 01-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
j03
~~~~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to j03

Yeah. Anything that passes through your 3G Dongle will count towards your usage allowance.
j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #4
Beta Member

i know, i mean running the vpn and having th einternet on to run the vpn will be using my allowance, but i just needed to know that once i am signed to a vpn that the actual vpn service will deal with the data downloaded by a movie file ect?
speed101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

From what it sounds like you are basically looking for a service provider to give you unlimited data and you want to connect to that service provider using your existing service provider.....this kind of service doesn't exist.

A VPN provider is still going to make you use your own ISP data. Otherwise they would be an ISP and not a VPN service.
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote