Unable to Obtain Client MAC Address (guest Wi-Fi at library, "Loading Cisco Client"

rocket1406

In Runtime
Unable to Obtain Client MAC Address (guest Wi-Fi at library, "Loading Cisco Client"

Hi.

The guest internet Wi-Fi used to work fine.

It uses a Cisco client and then loads the welcome page of the library.

But now it doesn't do that. I have Java Plug-in in the browser. It does give an error message of an old certificate but I say continue and then it says "Loading Cisco client" and then "Unable to obtain mac address"

It does this in IE7 and Firefox latest.

Could it be SSL 2.0 being unchecked... my friend said that might be the problem. I'm not there right now but any suggestions you guys have I can try tomorrow. ALso could it be a firewall problem or a problem with Windows Networking Manager.

It's Windows XP SP2

Re: Unable to Obtain Client MAC Address (guest Wi-Fi at library, "Loading Cisco Clien

UPDATE:

It loads the Welcome page of the Library and then I connect after reading the guidelines now. So Internet works.

HOWEVER, this only happens after I do the following:
Hibernate Computer
Turn on computer
Exit AIM
Let Connect to AMC (w/ Windows Firewall off)
Hibernate
Connect to AMC (w/ Windows Firewall off)
Accept Blue screen

and sometimes I have to Hibernate a 3rd time and turn it on for it to work.
Otherwise it says "Loading Cisco client" and then "Unable to obtain mac address" VERSUS "Loading Cisco client" and then getting Internet after guideline accept

Any ideas why I have to do this nonsense to make internet work on my laptop ... and also why does my Windows Firewall have to be off ... isn't that dangerous

Back
Top Bottom