Unable to access my OWN website

ericbusch

Solid State Member
I am not sure if this is the right forum for my problem but here we go...

I can't access my own websites. Currently I have 2 web servers. On each server I have one site. At this moment I am unable to view either one my sites. They both time out saying, "Unable to connect to server". Sometimes they time out, other times they just run awfully slow. But last week, they ran perfectly! I can also access my files through my FTP at a normal speed.

The two websites in question are:
http://www.ericbusch.net
http://www.dewdropwebdesign.com

Here's the crux, THESE ARE THE ONLY 2 WEBSITES I CAN'T ACCESS. I am able to surf the net freely until I try to view my own sites.

Here's another crux, I can view my websites at work (ie. on another computer) and they work perfectly!

Trouble shooting steps I have taken so far:
I contacted one server and after a lengthy email session, he pointed the finger at my ISP. So I contacted my ISP. They pointed the finger at my server.

This is such a bizarre problem. Can anyone help me because I havent been able to work on my websites for a few days now!!!

More details about my situation:
*I am using MAC OSX iBook
*I am living in Korea right now, though my web providers are US companies
*I have a DSL connection
*All other websites load fast and flawlessly

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
ericbusch

Can you ping the sites/servers from your home connection to make sure that your PC can talk to the servers?

Here's what I got when I pinged my dewdropwebdesign.com

--- dewdropwebdesign.com ping statistics ---
30 packets transmitted, 30 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 211.615/230.342/299.976 ms

also, i forgot to mention in my first post is that I can access my files via my FTP with no problem

any ideas?
eric

You mentioned you are using an iBook. Some servers may not respond to this operating system/provide a keep alive request. Do you have access to the apache config file?

heres a traceroute as well. there is an error here

16 pos4-2-0-0.a01.atlnga01.us.ce.verio.net (157.238.161.170) 212.061 ms 210.319 ms 215.789 ms
17 border6.ge4-1-bbnet2.acs.pnap.net (64.94.0.75) 236.428 ms 234.825 ms 235.175 ms
18 apservers-2.border6.acs.pnap.net (64.94.6.154) 247.87 ms 237.95 ms 235.26 ms
19 * * *
20 * * *
21 * * *
22 * * *
23 * *

I think i have access to the apache config files on one of the servers. could you tell me which folder it would be in this path:
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/

i checked the obvious, Apache, but i couldnt find anything
thanks
eric

Thanks for the path!

here is what i found. Should i change anything and if so, what will that affect?

Timeout 300
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15

OK, Look here:
BrowserMatch "Mozilla/2" nokeepalive
BrowserMatch "MSIE 4\.0b2;" nokeepalive downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
BrowserMatch "RealPlayer 4\.0" force-response-1.0
BrowserMatch "Java/1\.0" force-response-1.0
BrowserMatch "JDK/1\.0" force-response-1.0
See if there is anything related to macs in your config.

Back
Top Bottom