Tips on using Internet

atulbothra

Banned
Here are some useful common tips while using internet :-

1.) When you are not chatting close your IM. They cause pop-up ads. It is also good for security.

2.) Use 4 wall protection means use a Firewall, Antivirus , Antispyware, and antispam solutions. Remember to enable ad block feature of your firewall.

3.) Most software come with auto update feature. If u dont use that software more often disable autoupdate for that feature. Like I have disabled the auto update of adobe acrobat reader.

4.) Dont download software that are likely to come in Digit DVD/CD. If you want to download something first check the Digit preview List on digit forum (If available). If you cant find that software than download it. Or if download size is big than its better to request that software.

5.)Dont download software betas. They are buggy. Instead wait for 15days-1 month. final version will come out than download that. This way you can save your bandwidth by not downloading beta which wil be worthless after final version comes out.

6.)If you are a advance user dont use auto update feature of windows. Instead go to microsoft site and check for updates. Never download updates for software u dont use. Like for playing mp3s I use winamp so I never download hotfixes for Windows Media player. Why download that for something i even didn't use. You can also skip updates for office applications.

7.)(For Dialup) If u want to read some articles over the net. its better that u save the page than disconnect than read that.

8.)A extra tip from me...Dont use internet radio's and other stuff like them. They will hog your bandwidth.

9.) For surfing use opera as web browser. Cause when you are browsing in IE when you click back button IE load the previous page again. But opera show that page from cache.

10.) Its better to use web mail than using mail from mail client. for security and bandwidth reason. But sometimes using a mail client will save bandwidth.
If u want to know more tips then log on the url:-
tech-hacks.blogpsot.com and please click the ADS there plzzz

hmmm... interesting. i didnt know some of those, especially the one about internet explorer and opera. i think i may try out opera lol

alright.. .thank you.

welcome to CF?

I never get pop ups from IM's...but thanks

Back
Top Bottom