Technologies used in wirless Networking

Faslan

Solid State Member
What are the Technologies(such as Radio waves,Micro waves,etc ) use in these wireless Networking Systems to transmit Data
and what is the upload and download speed.i search on web ,wikipedia and too many descriptions about data transfer speed, i cant come a decision about speed,

1 GSM
2 GPRS /EDGE/EGPRS
3 CDMA , CDMA2000 1X
4 UMTS
5 HSPA
6 LTE
7Mobile Wimax(IEEE 802.16e)
8WiMAX (IEEE 802.16m)
9 Wi fi

Last edited:
Wi fi with a standered eithernet connection if you use cable.
Your question is too vague. Your asking for the difference between all of those, which would take forever to type out. The above was my suggestion.

I do agree with Draygoes that it's a little vague, the thing is, some of those technologies are again split into subsets.

For example, WiFi (802.11) is split into many sub-categories itself! (This list is by no means exhaustive, but these are the ones I've come across the most commonly)

802.11a - Up to 54Mbps
802.11b - Up to 11Mbps
802.11g - Up to 54Mbps
802.11n - Up to 150Mbps per 40MHz channel (up to 4 channels)
802.11ac - Up to 866.7Mbps per 160MHz channel (up to 8 channels)

You're probably best researching into each one, HSPA is split into sub-categories too, and I think all those technologies speeds vary depending on what frequency they're using, or the bandwidth you've been allowed!

And while you are shopping around, you could consider renting a router from your ISP until you find something better. Most routers provided by the ISP are, by default, medium in performance. But, that should give you a much more fair shot at deciding what you want to go with. Just an idea, but that is somthing I have already done and it worked out far better than I initally thought that it would. I thought that I was just wasting my money, but its the best waste of money ever, because it allowed me to chose a router that I knew would beat the others out, vs having to guess.

Back
Top Bottom