AT&T UVerse Internet

setishock

Wizard of Wires
Just got it this morning and I must say it's pretty snappy. Pages load in a flash and YouTube vids don't have to stop to load in mid play. 18 down, 2 up.

OK so I don't particularly like AT&T but besides the crappy cable service, they're the only alternative that was cost effective. $44.00 per month for the first year then 56.00 per month for the rest of the time I stay hooked up.

Oh they did have thier share of getting a connection to my apartment but they did get it done. The install costed 99.00 one time fee. The modem/router combo was going to cost me 100.00 but the cost was waived due to me having to wait 2 weeks to get them out here to hook me up.

Right now I can't get in to the router to alter any of the programming. That's ok. I'm not your average end user either...

We were about get uverse Internet, but cancelled as soon as I found out that their modem/router was combined and that I wouldn't be able to use it in combination with the wired network we have in our house. Afaik they use pppoe instead of dhcp, which would have meant a few hours/days of work for me trying to get the other switches/routers in my house to play nice.

Good luck, maybe you will have the patience I didn't have.

I did get in to the router and scoped out the setup. U-Verse is different from dsl. It uses direct IP DHCP or static. It's network based. It's not DSL. If it was DSL I would not have got it.
Right now I have 1 desktop and 2 laptops plugged directly in and not a single bit of lag on any of them.

Just did a quick check on speed. I'm on the 18 down 2 up tier.

165-spt.jpg

Pretty close...

My wife ordered it while ive been deployed so I havn't got a change to use U-verse tv internet. Well See when I get home. I think she only get the 6mb connection tho

Back
Top Bottom