Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-16-2008, 07:48 PM   #1
Baseband Member
Exclamation Stupid Internet

Please help me if you read this, and dont just read it and click off. I am writing this from my home computer, but i also have a lptop that i use here as well. i was on the internet, and all the sudden all connection was lost and i got that little red x across my connection icon. i have windows xp and have tried all the trouble shooting that they provide (which sucks by the way). When i refresh the network list it says:

Windows cannot configure this wireless connection
If you have enabled another program to mannage this wireless connection, use that software.
If you want windows to configure this wireless connection, start the Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) service. For information about starting the WZC service, see article 871122 in the microsoft knowledge base on the microsoft.com website.

newguy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:04 AM   #2
Daemon Poster
Send a message via AIM to wmorri
Default Re: Stupid Internet

First we need to know how you are connecting wired or wirelessly? Then we need to know what type of connection you have, dialup, dsl, cable, fiber? Also any information on your modem and or router. This is a start, also any error messages that you go right before loosing your connection.

Linux Forever!

I thought you were a hispanic/african american? Who is the white guy in the pictures?
wmorri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:40 AM   #3
Site Team
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Stupid Internet

Make sure you didn't accidentally hit the button on your laptop that turns wireless off. It's a pretty easy, and common thing to do.
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote