Startup Wifi delay

aHumanError

Baseband Member
Hi there.

I sometimes have a problem after my laptop starts up and I log in it takes at least 5 minutes to be able to use the internet.

HYvuOoE.jpg

It's actually connected to the router but sits there 'No Internet, Secure' for at least 5 minutes. In which case it's actually quicker to do a 20 second restart whereby it'll connect instantly when it logs in.

jICMFX8.jpg

I'd say it happens about half the time I start it up, There are no updated versions of the network drivers. I kind of suspected the router at first ('Virgin Superhub 3') maybe DHCP but no other devices have any issue.

Anyone have a similar issue?

What's your beacon interval on the wifi router my guess is 300 seconds changing it would possibly also possibly mac binding a static ip might help to it sounds like you have a bad router.

Startup Wi-Fi delay can be caused by several factors. Some of the most common reasons for this issue include:

Slow boot time: If your computer takes a long time to boot up, it can cause a delay in connecting to Wi-Fi.

Network settings: Incorrect network settings, such as wrong IP address, can cause your computer to fail to connect to Wi-Fi upon startup.

Outdated drivers: Outdated network drivers can also cause a delay in connecting to Wi-Fi upon startup.

Interference: Interference from other devices can cause a delay in connecting to Wi-Fi. This can include other wireless devices or even microwaves.

To fix this issue, you can try the following solutions:

Update network drivers: Make sure that your network drivers are up-to-date. You can do this by going to the Device Manager and checking for updates.

Check network settings: Make sure that your computer is using the correct network settings. You can do this by going to the Network and Sharing Center and checking your settings.

Disable other network adapters: If you have other network adapters installed, try disabling them and see if it helps.

Use a different Wi-Fi channel: If there is interference on the current Wi-Fi channel, try using a different channel.

Greetings,
Peter

Back
Top Bottom