Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-02-2015, 10:18 AM   #11
Solid State Member

Default Re: Small amount website not properly working anymore (numbers and letters in upper l

ESET smart security is my security program, and it manages my firewall. I have used this program for a year now, without any problems. Also i did not change anything in the settings. I just switched off the firewall to try if it makes any difference, but unfortunately, no, no difference

If i run the tripadvisor website through a proxy, it loads normal. But then i can not log in, or do other things (don't know if that is normal when working through a proxy).

Perhaps it would help if, at internet options, i would 'restore advanced settings'? I am just a bit reluctant to do that, as i can't remember if i changed anything there the last 2 years. Or would this not make any difference?

matthijs07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:57 AM   #12
Solid State Member

Default Re: Small amount website not properly working anymore (numbers and letters in upper l

Just to try, i downloaded a browser (Safari) which i have never used. And it has the same problem, with the same websites. It looks like i have to give it up, as even here no one has an answer!

Thanks anyway!

Old 05-05-2015, 07:15 AM   #13
Solid State Member

So for an update: 2 days ago, suddenly the problem was gone. All the websites which did not work, are working fine again. I already gave up on them, i did not change anything the last few weeks on my computer. So i guess it will never be clear what the problem was, and why it is suddenly solved without me doing anything.

Thanks again for those who tried to help!
Matthijs

Tags
internet, loading, strange code, websites