Small amount website not properly working anymore (numbers and letters in upper left)

matthijs07

Solid State Member
Hello,

Since recently, a small number of website are not loading properly on my laptop. A few sites only load the top of their website, some websites (like TripAdvisor) show only their links, in one big column on the left side. Strange thing is that, at the websites which are not loading well, there always appears a kind of code in the upper left corner, consisting of letters and numbers. But the code is always different. For example, if i open Tripadvisor now, the code is '1fd1e'. When i refresh it, the code is now '1fd26' and it keeps on giving one of these codes. On another site the code is for example '41bf1'.

It isn't my browser, because the same thing happens in Opera, Chrome and Explorer. It also can not be my router, because on my other laptop i have no problems to open these site correctly. I also tried a flush dns, clearing up cookies, and updating my browsers (to be sure).

Has anybody any idea?
Thanks!

If it works on another computer but not the one, then it has to be a problem with the one. Have you run a virus and malware scan?

Thanks for your response! I have run a virus scan (ESET) and windows defender run a scan, but with no result, the pages still do not load properly. As an attachement you will see a screen shot of one of the webpages which doesn't load.

Matthijs

Sorry, my fault. Here it is :) (hope it is not too small)

So a number of sites load like this, and some stay completely empty, but a code like that is always in the left upper corner. And again, it happens only with a few sites. So far 95 % of the websites are working normally.

Attachments

• error.TA.jpg
    error.TA.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 10
Just an update: i have run virus/malware programma, and unistalled browser en installed it again. But to no avail, the problem stays the same.

Anybody? :)

My website does that to visitors when there's a database error. I'd find it hard to believe that they all are having database errors at the same time.

@Setishock; indeed, i do not think that is possible. Especially since the fact they are working fine on my other laptop.
@Draygoes: i have checked it, but i could not discover anything that could interfere. Also, all the different browsers have the same problem.

Could be some sort of proxy setting on your PC, have you got any separate firewalls? Running the internet through a proxy? Just thinking that an element on the page might be blocked.

Back
Top Bottom