SM Bus Controller

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
alright, Im trying to do dual monitors... It wont work, everytime I click my second monirot on display settings, and click exted my desktop to this monitor.. I click apply and it becomes unchecked by its self. I dont know whates wrong.
I think its the SM bus Controller, I know its an intell chipset I just dont know where to download it..

can anyone help?

thanks
-Q

I have no idea.... I can find out though.. Im at school right now, I should have another post by 5:00... thats in 7 hours here (central time zone Texas)

ok, then we can sort it out.

but....in Paris,Texas i would still up, here in Paris,France i am going out for a work dinner, i may be slightly wobbly when i get back :)

alright, I dont know what kind of mother board I have..
First of all let me tell you what Im doing..

I want to set up dual monitors. The WAS my bros computer but he got a new one. now.. I bought a new videocard for this computer and left the old one in and just put the new ATI Raedon (or whatever) one in.

- your supposed to go to display settings (after haveing the other monitor hooked in the other video card*remember I have 2*) selecting the secondary monitor, and click "exted my desktop to this monitor". I do that.. click ok.. and the damn thing unchecks itself, so it doesnt work.

- I went to my device manager and saw the SM buc controller had a big yellow ? next to it so I clicked search for driver and it could not find.

- I know its an intell chipset, at least I think it is, am Im hoping it has something to do with the old video card and will fix everything.

- on the device manager I dont see the old video card and it recognizes my monitors under

----Disply Adapters
------GIGABYTE RADEON 9200 (this being my main monitor?)
------GIGABYTE RADEON 9200 - Secondary (and this being second one?)

ANd under monitors

--------Monitors
----------hp pavilion mx75 (monitor Im using right now, main one)

So im figureing that its not even recognizing my other monitor because its not on the device manager... BUT it has my main monitor and a secondary? so it is recognizing it? but its just not showing name? Im confused.

ANYWAYS

I dont know how to figure out what kind my motherboard is with out taking my computer apart again. so my computer is a hp pavilion 541c
if you want a short cut I did the work

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/prodinfoCategory?lc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=228&product=77588&dlc=en#

Thanks

-Q

does the 9200 have 2 vga (or a vga and dvi) on the back so you can use 2 monitors on the one card, that might make your life a whole lot easier than using both video cards. basically what you need to do is open your computer and look at the board, it should have some writing on it that says "Intel Desktop Board ####" where the # is the model number of your board, go to intels site or google and search it and look for the chipset drivers for your board and install them, that should fix that nasty lil yellow exclamation point. hopefully that helps. peace.

yes, but is that nasty big yellow ? my problem or not?

No, The 9200 card does not have 2 monitor port thingies... I have the manufacture card and the 9200

thanks

-Q

certainly a place to start, your missing the driver or its not working properly, download and install it and report back. its something that needs to be done anyway so you might as well do it.

You can't use a dual monitor setup like that. What you're trying to do is plug in one monitor to one graphics card and another monitor to another graphics card (in this case integrated graphics). Your computer can't have 2 display adapters active at once. You need to buy a graphics card that has 2 DVI/VGA ports in the back.

If you want dual monitors, tell us your price range and we'll pick out some good cards.

Back
Top Bottom