Server Issue (Satellite)

WYSIWUG

In Runtime
Hi I cant seem to get Internet access on my server, but when I plug in my other laptops to the switch it gets access. The satellite modem is working and my satellite seeker rekons the satellite in orbit is fuctional.

Users can't connect to me at 202.21.112.100, when you do it should ask for a password. Anonymous connections are rejected by the firewall on the server.

I have tryed looking at the firewall config - no issues.

Yes I do have a proxy server, no issues there.

Server specs:

Windows server 2008

16GB of RAM

10TB of disk space, 5 2TB drives in a RAID array.

2x AMD Athlon CPUs (Dual Core, 4 in total) 2.5GHz each.

First advice, don't post your public IP in public.

The second would be.
if you can get internet access with laptops plugged into the modem then is appears that the modem is working fine.

which suggests that the problem lies with the server.

can you ping the servers address from the laptops?

when you plug the laptop into the switch and get internet access what is the ipconfig /all page telling you regards the subnet and gateway, are these set the same on the server?

(laptops would tend to be DHCP enabled and automatically receive a working network configuration, whilst servers tend to have static IP addresses which may be mis-configured)

Lastly, when plugged directly into the switch do the laptops access the internet via the proxy server?
does the server that you can't get online access the internet via the proxy server
does the proxy server have any configuration for security (to make sure that only your network users are logged in, or to tie traffic to account names etc that you;re forgetting about.
(if may be the case that you're logging onto the server as administrator, (either local or domain) which does not have accounts setup on the proxy for internet access, but with the laptop you logon with your own account which does have access.

I found the issue, the DNS address on the server was 0.0.0.0!!! What the frig made that happen!!

But it is working now.

Sorry about my delay in replying, I have been out of town, and did not have access to the net.

BTW. I have asked my ISP for a new static IP address, so now the IP addreess above is dead.

Back
Top Bottom