Serious Problem w/ network PLease help.

I'm having rather large and cumbersome problem with my network. Basically I have a setup that should allow my DSL modem to connect to my router, then my computer to the router, then my other computer to the same router. For some reason my computer has internet, but my other computer doesn't. Why is this. I'll tell what the configuration is below.

- My modem, in another room
- Ethernet cable runs from DSL modem to router
- My computer runs to the router
- Other computer runs to the router

All the lights are up and running. Yet for some reason when it comes time for the other computer to Acquire the Network Address, it just send packets but won't receive anything. Why is this? Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

***NOTE*** I would run a search as I'm sure there's a ton of topics affiliated with mine, but I'll be trying to fix the network so I won't have time to do a search and what not. Plus I have chores...it all adds up for one hell of a thing. Anywho...

Can you give me the IP Address of the computer in question? If it starts with a 127.x.x.x, then that is the default address that the computer assigns itself if it cannot find the router (check the connections, and the cable) If it is giving you a 192.x.x.x address, then it is picking up an IP Address, it is a browser issue. If it's the second option, post back, and I'll walk you through your browser, and make sure it is setup right.

Back
Top Bottom