Sending video clips via email

bluenose1940

In Runtime
Is there a way that video clips can be sent by email?

I'm wondering if they can be compressed in some way so that the file is not too large.

I have tried doing it via Photobucket but even that doesn't seem to allow video's that are too large.

Is there an answer to this please?

Thank you.

As Cortb says. It's not just your providers limitation that could be an issue, the receiving mail box might have a size limit. Typically these are about 25MB - not a very long video at all.

I second the recommendation of Dropbox (as mentioned in pete's article). It's very easy to just drop your files in a folder on your computer, and then click to generate a download link you can send to friends easily via email.

If you are using Gmail, you have about 15Gb of storage in Google Drive. Upload the videos there and share them.

PS: I think you can also send a message when you share a file, so there is no need to send one separately.

I also recommend DropBox for stuff like this. Emailing large files has always been an issue. It's much easier to simply email the link to the file and let the receiver download the file from DropBox.

See how these two methods work below:
Send the video as an email attachment. First, open your Gmail account. Second, click on the “Compose” button to create a new email. ...
Send the video as a Google Drive attachment. Open your Gmail account and click the “Compose” button to compose your email.

Greetings,
Peter

Back
Top Bottom