SBS and Outlook 2003

Northerner1

Solid State Member
We've just installed Small Business Server in an office with 5 users. All users have Outlook 2003 with BCM on their individual PC's. The company has about 2,500 clients which I would like to get onto the server so we can each access all the clients. Only 2 of us will have administrator priveleges to be able to change/edit the client database. I will also be setting up VPN for my own access from home but I've got that sorted out.

Up to now I have been a standalone user and I just can't get my head round how to get the client database ( which can be made into a csv format) onto the server. We're all pretty new to networking so any help would need to be fairly basic.

Thanks a lot :confused:

Northerner said:
We've just installed Small Business Server in an office with 5 users. All users have Outlook 2003 with BCM on their individual PC's. The company has about 2,500 clients which I would like to get onto the server so we can each access all the clients. Only 2 of us will have administrator priveleges to be able to change/edit the client database. I will also be setting up VPN for my own access from home but I've got that sorted out.

Up to now I have been a standalone user and I just can't get my head round how to get the client database ( which can be made into a csv format) onto the server. We're all pretty new to networking so any help would need to be fairly basic.

Thanks a lot :confused:

I would like to be able to help you further; but I dont't know much about it. You can access the Network Drive through Network Places on the Desktop? Just drag and drop should work?

when you say clients, do you mean client PC's SBS server requires connection licenses. so as well as buying the softwaer you also have to spend further money for the privellage of using it!

(could you be a little clearer as to your end goals?)

root said:
when you say clients, do you mean client PC's SBS server requires connection licenses. so as well as buying the softwaer you also have to spend further money for the privellage of using it!

If they purchased SBS it comes with 5 CALS so that would not be the issue.

I am unclear what he wishes to do though, maybe if he could explain a little clearer we may beable to shed some light on the situation.

root said:

Back
Top Bottom