Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-29-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
Beta Member

Question routers won't let me to play games online

Its been couple of weeks and my router won't allow me to play counter strike online, but it can browes the internet. What should I do in this situation. The router is d-link, it works before, but now I have a major problem. =(

stevethedork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:25 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: routers won't let me to play games online

Well i never do online gaming,so im not totally sure but its probably something to do with you needing to open ports on the router for the game, or maybe a firewall problem, so try disabling your firewall and see if it works then. If it does then you need to configure the firewall

Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:54 PM   #3
Beta Member

actually, i checked the firewall and I turned off and still had problems. When I went to my friends house, I use his wireless connection and still I had connection problem
Old 01-31-2007, 02:19 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Sometimes disabling the firewall doesnt work. So if you stiill have the firewall on disc, try uninstalling it all together and see what happens. Obviously you will need the disc to reinstall it. Also, check the windows firewall and make sure the dont allow exceptions tab isnt ticked.
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:20 PM   #5
Beta Member

well, i found part of my problem....for the internet, i have to unstall my IE, and my friend told me that the new IE screw up the laptop, so it actually work. Now I have to do on my foxfire, but still nothing happen to my online games. The firewall is in low as it gets and I put the setting very low still. Do you think my notuon viruses block my internet access. Also, I don't have the firewall disc and I try to unstall my OS and nothing happen. Do you think that programs can block my internet of video games. The games that I had are warcraft II, counter strike 1.6, counter strike condition zero, gunbound, an dmaple story that I can remember.