Router help

Wallaby Dan

Fully Optimized
I got my new wireless router and it seems to be slower!. The old one would run You Tubes without Buffering at all.
Old router was a t-p link that had 802.11 b/g/n/ 150 mbps.
New router is a Belton ac+ 2.4 ghz.
What gives???:eek: You Tubes buffered all last night on wireless and this one is wired to the modem (my tower) its even slow. Takes forever to load sometimes. Sometimes i have to stop the load and restart the loaded page to get it to load up! Running a 10/100/1000 card in my computer. usually fast on line off the modem for the satellite. it acts throttled. I am wondering if the modem is bad?? Even with the wireless on Debs Laptop it was hanging with downloads. Run Speedtest.net and i am getting 677 pings with 35mbps down and 16up. I know that is slow for sat but still better than dial-up remember i am mobile with rv and fulltimer so the sat is our best way to get connections for the price. WiFi on wireless is way out of range. right now we have 100gb. for 60.00 wireless 4g would be over 300.00 for the same. So, back to the question, what gives???:confused:

If you are getting very high pings then I'd be contacting your ISP and getting them to run tests to see if something is wrong with your line.

If by Belton you mean "Belkin" I'll just say that I've have terrible experience with their routers.

If by Belton you mean "Belkin" I'll just say that I've have terrible experience with their routers.

Yep Sorry Was thinking about a job over in Belton. I contacted Dish and they say the figures are about normal for sat internet. They worked to get my uploads to around 700 kbps. But it won't stay that way. it most of the time drops down to almost nothing and then it will give me 200-400 kbps.
I don't really have much of a complaint with download speeds but the pings are bad and the uploads are crapola. I am just waiting for this contract to end and they can take all of this junk out of here. Not sure which cable company i am going with but won't be AT&t or direct tv. Am looking at Spectrum. I looking for comments from folks in this area. They say speeds better than 100 mbps unlimited anytime. Not sure about there tv packages. I really like the tv Dish but it is cheaper than Dish with Spectrum. Now if there service is as good as Dish.....:rolleyes:

Spectrum = Charter? I think so. I have Charter/Spectrum internet and love it. I don't bother with TV as I can stream or download whatever we want to watch. I know my mom just dropped them, though, as her bill went up and the channels she wanted were dropped from her package; you just don't piss off a 76 year old redhead.

Charter charges 60 per month after their introductory period (Without a TV package) for 60mbps down, 4 up. Usually after about a year I call them and get the price back down to $45.

I think they're a decent service. No data caps, no blocked ports, no NAT, no problems really. I wish they'd do something about that upload speed but other than that, not terrible.

No charter in this area..Sucks!! I would use them or Comcast. both have a good review. This area needs to move into the 21 century. I think they still use the party line for wired service!!

No charter in this area..Sucks!! I would use them or Comcast. both have a good review. This area needs to move into the 21 century. I think they still use the party line for wired service!!

You need to move to Chattanooga. Not only would you be semi-local to me (~35 miles) but you could choose from these:
https://epb.com/home-store/internet#pricing

Back
Top Bottom