Router connection problems

metaliking4

Beta member
I have a D-Link WBR 1310 and have a wireless connection to my laptop. The card I use is the one that came stock. I can surf the net fine no matter waht my signal strength or speed. However when I try to play online poker clients such as Pokerstars, Party Poker, etc... I constantly lose my connection. Could this be because I need a better router or even a better wireless adapter? Or are there any other things I could possibly do. I also tried changing the channel. Channel 6 worked good for a while but then crashed, then I tried 11 same result....I then went to 1 but whenver I used my phone it shut off so now I am back on 6 which the phone does not disrupt. Any help would be great. Thanks.

this is odd

i've had this happen with a dail up connection before

try downloading problem finder software

Try going wired for a while, and see if the issue still comes up. If it does, I would say it's a router issue. But it doesn't sound like a router issue to me. It sounds more of a issue with the network card in the laptop. Try wired, and see what happens. If it's good, then it's your wireless card.

I would suggest looking for a driver update for your wireless card. Sometime if you're using the microsoft version of the driver it really screws things up.

Back
Top Bottom