router

revid

Beta member
I had originally posted this in another forum but realized it should be here. I have a router from aliant but want to use it for another company to hook up their sat internet. I was told it by a guy here on this site that it should be fine but don't know how to do it.I have the aliant disc but everytime I put it in laptop it wants to instal aliant. Do I need this disc to hook up router? How do I hook up and instal password on router?thanks

I had originally posted this in another forum but realized it should be here. I have a router from aliant but want to use it for another company to hook up their sat internet. I was told it by a guy here on this site that it should be fine but don't know how to do it.I have the aliant disc but everytime I put it in laptop it wants to instal aliant. Do I need this disc to hook up router? How do I hook up and instal password on router?thanks

yup you have to configure it.. according to the aliant's website to log into the Router Admin Utility, generally by going to 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 [username/pass usually admin/admin by default on most routers]..
more you van see here:

Aliant

and if this username password doesn't work then u can hard reset the modem by the reset switch. See this link:

http://nsegainkc1.aliant.net/knowledge/Docs/Internet/Conn/6520/ResetDefault/ResetDefault.htm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom