Replace Wifi Minicard?

Daniel956

Beta member
I have a HP G61 and it has a Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter.

I need to replace it because it causes latency Peaks, wut other wifi card can I replace it with?

I downloaded a DPC Latency checker, and it the peakin stopped only when I disabled the Atheros wifi card

Well, if it was your only network connection, of course it stopped when you disabled it. I don't think you should worry about it in my opinion.

Well, if it was your only network connection, of course it stopped when you disabled it. I don't think you should worry about it in my opinion.

Yes, it's something i need to worry about. I DJ with my computer, so I have a DJ interface connected to my laptop. The latency lag caused by the Wifi card causes my DJ program to skip, distort, freeze, ect.

Yes, it's something i need to worry about. I DJ with my computer, so I have a DJ interface connected to my laptop. The latency lag caused by the Wifi card causes my DJ program to skip, distort, freeze, ect.
How is the DJ interface connected to your laptop? I'm assuming USB or Firewire, and I'm also going to say that I doubt that program uses anything related to the WiFi card. It's probably your laptop's hardware such as the CPU or RAM.
Please post your specs and the name of the program you're using in your next post.

If the issue stops when he disables the wireless card, that's a very good indicator that it (Or it's drivers) it's causing an issue.

@OP: Have you tried updating your drivers? What operating system are you using?

I would also check to make sure you are not sharing a wireless channel with someone. That could also cause spikes.
1 and 11 are good choices if you can edit the routers settings. If it is a wireless N network you may need to look up a different chart.
800px-2.4_GHz_Wi-Fi_channels_%28802.11b,g_WLAN%29.png

Back
Top Bottom