remote desktop

ASSEMBLER

In Runtime
i am using remote desktop which i can connect from one pc to another but i cannot connect if i try to from the other way arround for example i can connect to my server no problem from my desktop but if i try to connect from server to desktop all i get is a message telling me remote connections may not be enable or the computer may be to busy.all my firewall are swithced off and as far as i am aware i have ticket the remote box in the my computer proprties.can anyone help. Thanks

ASSEMBLER said:
win xp home

Bingo...........you just answered your own quesiton.

XP Professional only.

Microsoft FAQ said:
Q. Is Remote Desktop available on Windows XP Home Edition?

A. No, however you can upgrade from Windows XP Home Edition to Windows XP Professional to get Remote Desktop. You can use Windows XP Home Edition as the client for accessing your Windows XP Professional computer running Remote Desktop.

Thanks i did not realise it was just xp pro that explains it i can view my son whci has xp proand i can view my server but i cant understand why it was not built into xp home maybe ill have to upgrade to pro after all.Thanks for all your help guys.

you can view a windows xp pro from a xp home edition computer but not the other way round

Back
Top Bottom