Re-routing my routers signal with my wireless adapter

BooDog47

Baseband Member
Hello, I have a router for my computer in a different room. That computer is getting a perfect signal with its wireless adapter that I have installed. However, I have gaming systems in the same room as the computer but they cannot get a signal. They say that the access point is not in range. I was wondering if my computer can take the signal that it is giving and re-route it so that my gaming systems can get a signal. So essentially, what I want is my computer to take its signal and give it off at the same time. How can this be done?

First, your gaming system has a wireless adapter correct?

Second, make sure it is turned on and working. Try taking it in the same room and hooking it up to see if it connects. It might be that it doesn't work.

Third, does your wireless have any security codes? Did you set up the system to connect to the wireless. I don't know what you have, but on my Wii, you have to actually connect the wireless before you try to go online. If you don't connect it first it will tell you something similar.

Yes. And if you are using a Wii, you can buy the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB adaptor for about $35. It plugs into any PC and re-routes the signal, but can only be used with a Wii or DS.

Ok, all of my systems can connect to my router via my WEP key. That is only when they are in range. However that is not the case. I want them in a different room but the built in adapters that they have arn't very strong. My computer that is not hooked up to the router and is getting its wireless signal is using a linksys wireless-g PCI adapter. I would like to know if it is possible for my computers wireless adapter to re-route its signal to the gameing systems as they are all in the same room as my wireless computer.

You could also use cat 5/5e/6 cable to directly connect the computer to the gaming consoles.

yea, but my problem is that I don't want to run wires and cords. They get to be a mess and wireless is my favorite setup.

Back
Top Bottom