RCP Server

m4411b

Solid State Member
On my wireless laptop I keep getting acquiring IP address. When I try to get an IP address I get a message saying unable to connect to the RCP Server. Anyone know of a fix for this problem?

CAUSE
This issue can occur for any of the following reasons:
• The RPC service may not be started.
• You are unable to resolve a DNS or NetBIOS name.
• An RPC channel cannot be established.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue:
1. Click Start, click Run, type the following line in the Open box, and then click OK:
net start rpcss
Test to see if this resolves the issue. If the issue still occurs, continue to the next step.
2. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories,and then click Command Prompt.
3. At the command prompt, type ping servername, where servername is the server, NetBIOS, DNS, or GUID name that you want to test for connectivity.

If there is a connection issue with one of these computers, contact your network administrator to resolve the issue. If the issue still occurs, continue to the next step.
4. Use the Netdiag tool that is included in the Microsoft Windows Support Tools (included on the Windows CD-ROMs) to determine if the domain controller is working correctly. You can perform a network trace using the MSRPC, DNS, NBT, LDAP, or TCP protocols.

If there is an issue with the domain controller, contact your network administrator to resolve the issue. If the issue still occurs, continue to the next step.
5. Use the Netdom tool that is included in the Windows Support Tools to verify network trust relationships and reset or establish a connection to a server.

Back
Top Bottom