Random Disconnects..

roland poland

Baseband Member
Okay so I think this might be just bad luck for me cuz stuff always seem to happen without reason. So.

Well a couple of days ago my family insisted that I get some sort of faster connection on my old computer which my sister uses so she can enjoy her "internet experience" as well. So basically I bought a router D-Link N Router along with the same D-Link N adapter. Now, at first when I installed the adapter drivers on the old comp with a friend, we got a connection at first. And then it disconnected. When my friend reached to take it out, he realized it was extrememly hot and it was only a few minutes after we put it in. We figured it was distance and a lot of walls and today I simply moved my computer to the living room right behind where my new one is. And as expected the connection was running at 100% and we were happy. However just 20 minutes later the connection was lost and the adapter was extremely heated. I took it out and let it cool, and then plugged it in again. It worked. The same thing happened about 5 times now. Connection lost, replug, connection regained etc. And now just a few minutes ago, the connection on my new comp just disconnected itself. Im wondering why my connection is so unstable and is there anything that im doing wrong with the adapter or something and how i can fix this random disconnecting problem. The comps are both running xp.

The dissconnects seem to be related to the extreme heat. If you can, exchange the adapter where you bought it. If not, contact D-link for an RMA.

from my experiences some sellers buy after market adapters not ones made/supplied by whoever made the router so it may not be rated to run for long periods under the workload of a router.

If it is one that the routers manufacturer included then theres something wrong with it (obviously) so celegorm is right, get an RMA for it.

Back
Top Bottom