Problem With Windows Media Player Sharing

wilsonator

Baseband Member
My problem is that I cannot share my windows media player library with other computers on my network.

I have a BT Home Hub Router, the computers I am trying to share between are both wired and wireless. File and printer sharing is working fine over my network but Windows media player doesn't see the other computer in it media sharing dialog.

On one computer I have Zone Alarm Firewall, I have allowed the windows media sharing program internet access. The other computer only has windows firewall on it and therefore is set up automatically by the player.

I have opened up the ports which windows media player lists on both computers yet they still can't see each other.

Both are running XP.

Please Help.

Thanks in advance.

You could first try turning off all your firewalls for a second and give it a try to see if it is your firewall. If it still doesn't work then at least you know its not entirely a firewall problem.

*Note* You can unplug your WAN cable from the router while testing if your scared of somebody entering your computer from the internet.

Let me know if it works.

Back
Top Bottom